If you have doubts or issues you can contact us using one of the following methods.
The author would like to acknowledge the following people, or the people behind the following technologies/resources:
- Prof. Stefan Jordan (stefan-jordan.de) for some suggestions and ideas.
- The DLR for financing this project.
- The BWT, Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie, also supporting this project.
- My institution, ARI/ZAH.
- Dr. Martin Altmann for providing the Gaia orbit data.
- HYG catalog.
- Mark Taylor’s STIL library.
- The Jython Project.
- ernieyu for the Java Swing range slider.
- Nick Risinger for the artist’s conception of the Milky Way.
- Andreas Ressl and Georg Hammershmid for the star glow texture.
- Tom Patterson (shadedrelief) for some textures.
- Solar System Scope for some textures (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon).
- Phil Stooke and Grant Hutchison (site) for some of the textures.
- David Navas for the
simple spaceshipmodel. Cool stuff!
- Machuca+Arias+Caballero for the music track “Gaia-DR1”.
- Install4j (multi-platform installer builder), for providing a free open source license.
- Bitrock’s InstallBuilder for providing a free open source license.
- And several online resources without which this would have not been possible.
If you think I missed someone, please let me know.